PDA

View Full Version : Sign design/presentation software

jshoes51
05-19-2009, 08:32 PM
I think I need more software. After I design a sign in Partworks or Aspire, I can save the image showing all the toolpaths, but can only do so with the basic background and fill colors or materials, so i'm basicly limited to two colors.

Is there a good design software I could export the image to for more color variations before presenting it to the customer?

Brian Moran
05-20-2009, 03:55 AM
Jim,
Aspire (V2) and PartWorks 2 both let you assign any colour you like to an area machined with a toolpath. In addition with Aspire you can create components and assign them different colours or materials to get previews containing many colours. The 'Howling Wolf' image on this page http://www.vectric.com/WebSite/Vectric/aspire/whats_new/aspire_v2/whats_new_toolpaths.htm is a preview image from the software.

Brian

toych
05-20-2009, 09:04 AM
JIm, here is an example where I used the component manager to asign colours to the various components. I tend to use this feature more than asigning colours via toolpaths as I have started designing most of my signs as individual components. It works for me but others may find doing it from the toolpath menu more suitable.

Darren

toych
05-20-2009, 09:14 AM
Jim, I forgot to mention that the ability to show colour 3D previews along with a few samples in hand have landed me a couple of sign jobs that more than justify the cost of Aspire....no other software needed.

Just like the cabinet guys on here talk about, the 3D preview really makes the sale for you.

Thank you Tony, Brian and the Vetric gang.

DT

jshoes51
05-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Darren,

Wow, nice sign. I didn't realize you could do all that with the preview function. It just allows a material color and a "fill" color, right? So you made a separate component for every pair of colors in that preview?

In other words, on the bottom banner how did you get Murphy's in yellow and est 1959 in white on the woodgrain backgound? Are both words separate components?

Thanks,

Jim

toych
05-20-2009, 08:27 PM
Jim,

Thank you.

Everything you see on the sign are separate components. This allows me to control the height or depth of every element until I am pleased with the result. Using this method also allows assigning a colour or material to each component individually.

DT