PDA

View Full Version : E-Cabinets Speed

bill_lumley
02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
This is the one thing about this program that drags down my enthusiasm . It is VERY slow and I find this speed makes errors inevitable due to the lag between steps . At my age my mind wanders after starring at a spinning circle for 2 minutes
I have 8G of RAM and lots of CPU horsepower and I am on Windows 7 . Has anyone found a way to speed the program up by any noticable measure or is this something we just have to live with ? Thanks Bill

thewoodcrafter
02-03-2010, 08:54 PM
I would post this on the E-Cabinets forum Bill.
Much larger audience to draw from.

ken_rychlik
02-03-2010, 09:33 PM
They are supposed to release a build 2 of version 6 very soon. Some of the changes are related to bogging down pc's.

Kenneth

bill_lumley
02-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Roger , I here you but maybe I thought Thermwood people have bigger pockets and have a Cray run this program where us botters tend to be more resource constrained
but I have seen posts even from Kerry Fullerton there who seems to have a much more powerful PC than me saying essentially Version 6 was not a step forward in this area. I know from my days as a program the first task is to get something to work and then optimize for speed later . I expect Version 6 was a big change and getting it out took priority over things like this .

Thanks for the update Ken - I look forward to that .