PDA

View Full Version : Location of Proximity Switch Targets

chodges
02-17-2008, 09:03 AM
Does anyone know how far you should mount the targets for the proximity switches from the rectangular aluminum stop plates?

I am nearing the end of assembling my machine, and it seems to me that there is probably a lot of momentum at the point where the proximity switch is encountered, and I don't want to keep moving beyond that point so that the stop plates hit my motor gears.

Its hard to articulate my question, but I'm trying to ask how much additional movement should I allow for after the proximity switch is encountered, but before the stop plates are encountered.

Thanks!

bill
02-17-2008, 09:53 AM
The proximity switches are software driven. When activated a COMMAND to stop is issued. Hence, depending on speed and deacceleration the distance will vary. I left approx. 3" only because I didn't know either and took a "guess-timate".

Gary Campbell
02-17-2008, 10:04 AM
Charlie..
Place the stop blocks close to the ends of the rails so that the X Car will not move off the ends. Set the location of the stop targets some distance past your X & Y zero points so that you can enter that exact distance into the setup program and use the C3 command to zero to your 0,0 coordinates. I think the default is around .5" Either way, you can alway go into the setup or the "my_variables" file and adjust the amount that the tool travels to return to "zero"
Gary

srwtlc
02-17-2008, 11:20 AM
Once you have your stops in place as per the manual, put a 0.5" spacer between the stop and the pinion gear and pull the carriage up against the spacer. Set your prox switches at that point.