PDA

View Full Version : Z axis directions seem backward...

nodnerb
09-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I'm finding that when using the shopbot keypad that the z directions are reversed. To move the router down(closer to the table) I need to push the up arrow and vice versa.
Anyone know what might be the issue here?
Thanks.

Brady Watson
09-19-2007, 04:04 PM
You can either swap the black and green wires (PRT/PRS STANDARD ONLY!!!) on the Z axis (either end...Make SURE control box is OFF when you do this) or enter in a negative value for the VU for the Z axis. Either one will fix it.

-B

nodnerb
09-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the reply. Forgot to mention. It's a prs alpha, 48x96.

I changed to a -ve value in VU and it is working. Will doing that cause things to work backward when running a file?

Brady Watson
09-19-2007, 04:43 PM
It shouldn't, but I am wondering why your Z is running backwards. You might want to call SB support to find out why it is running backwards.

-B

srwtlc
09-19-2007, 05:14 PM
I believe that the Z value should be negative. Mine is -2979.3805.

Bill Thorpe
09-19-2007, 07:16 PM
My PRS Standard has the same issue. I entered a negative number and it worked. I called ShopBot about this and it appears some cables may have been wired wrong.

rustnrot
09-20-2007, 01:25 PM
Mine does same thing. But the wired colors on the Z cable are wired the same to the connectors as the others.

My Z cable was way short though, did others have this problem?

denver
09-20-2007, 02:34 PM
I got my PRS Alpha back in March, and if I remember correctly my Z ran backwards, and the x & y distances were wrong. SB support sent me a new configuration file that took care of all that. I found the old email and all they did for the Z direction was put a "-" in front of the unit value. I had no idea what all that meant at the time, but that's what I've been using ever since.

Thanks,

Denver