PDA

View Full Version : The D@mn legs

khaos
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
Ok, I have gotten the table level and squared it was a real pain but its done. Rails are perfect after around 4 tries. Now I have only to install the actual table surface and run the wire.

While placing the first sheet I notice the end crossbeams attached to the legs the ones with the gussets... Are 100" on center!! Damn and Damn again.

Now I know the real reason the bot is SO sturdy. So when an installer has a tantrum
6429 the machine could care less.

Bloody hell,
Joe

bill
02-17-2008, 06:03 PM
AAaaaa yes.... know the feeling!

Towersonline
02-18-2008, 09:12 AM
Sounds like an easy fix. Just loosen the leg bolts on one end and nudge the whole assembly down the side rails a bit. On mine I actually moved them down a bit further so the base and spoil board would over hang the crossbeams by 3 inches on each end. By doing so it created a surface on the underside I use to attach clamps.

Towersonline
02-18-2008, 12:49 PM
Joe, I just measured the leg offset from the rail ends. At the 0/0 end of the table the outside of the leg is 3.5 inches from the end of the rail. On the far end its 11 inches. Hope it helps.

khaos
02-21-2008, 09:57 AM
Well I have moved them in. I only moved one side in. The result is the offset is 10 3/8" After reading Bills post now I want to go look again and see how much clamp room I have.

With all of the clearance around the actual work area I believe I will set up a perm zzero position like Ed did here http://www.shopbottools.com/getting_started.htm#Zero

khaos
03-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Finally used a laser to level the table. Much easier than the long level.

Joe.

taylor
03-10-2008, 09:44 PM
Joe, give me call. I lost your number also i have that piece of mdf for you
mark