PDA

View Full Version : Sculpt Nouveau Qs and Glass etching

harryball
02-10-2009, 11:34 AM
Topic 1

After the camp I've (my wife) decided to try my hand (again, my wife's hand) at Sculpt Nouveau. No specific project in mind except to coat a wood and/or MDF carved item to make it look like iron/copper w/wo patina etc... (did I mention my wife will be doing this?)

I'm thinking I need to order the Metal kit and the Patina kit. Using that we can find what we really want and order specifics later.

Topic 2
I have the CNC cutting knife Russ (Widget Works) sells and have done pretty much nothing but look at it. My wife wants to etch glass so advice?
What cream is best? (and where to get it)
What mask material is best? I have Oracal 810, will that work?

Thanks
/RB

rcnewcomb
02-10-2009, 11:45 AM
Give the folks at Sculpt Nouveau a call. I found they were very helpful on the phone.

We went with the full starter kit and were very pleased with the value and range of samples.

paul_n
02-10-2009, 12:20 PM
Robert....

Do a Google search on a product called "Rub-N-Buff".
Engravers use it ....

Paul N

german
02-10-2009, 08:31 PM
I allways use this for small proyects, you can reused, aply on glass surface and after 10 minutes or so remove and put it back on the container.http://www.etchworld.com/ccp0-prodshow/15-0150.html

German.

german
02-10-2009, 08:35 PM
I forgot, the PAINT MASK from AVERY GRAPHICS, works very good whit the etching cream.

German

paul12617
02-11-2009, 06:26 AM
In the past I used Mac Tac with etching cream worked well for me. cheap at a buck aroll from local dollar store
Paul

harryball
02-11-2009, 10:12 AM
Etchworld... who'd of thunk?

Ordered various products including the armour etch, if things work out watch the Show & Tell forum!

Thanks for all the help.

/RB