PDA

View Full Version : Paper Stone

wberminio
05-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Has any one used PaperStone http://www.paperstoneproducts.com?

It a green paper based material.I just go some samples.Suppose to cut very well with CNC.

Erminio

Gary Campbell
05-29-2009, 01:10 PM
Erminio...
Yes it does cut well...I prefer O flutes, but watch out for "watermark" lines by doing a cleanup pass. There also seems to be some thickness variation in the sheets. All in all, a good product.
Gary

wberminio
05-29-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks Gary

I'm getting a larger sample to "play" with.

Erminio

david_gardner
05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
I agree with everything Gary said.

wberminio
06-03-2009, 11:05 AM
Just got a sample .
I'll let you know how it goes in a few weeks.

Erminio

dakers
06-03-2009, 12:45 PM
I sent paperstone some questions:
can the routed areas be painted
does it come two sided
where can i get it

also they mention fading outside. i would use this for signs to go outside

robredick
06-14-2009, 03:35 AM
It cuts great. They have a mismatch/sale section on their site. You can buy it there and save some money on pieces to perfect your approach. Beware of the thicknesses.

dakers
06-15-2009, 01:23 PM
got my sample in of their product called Rainscreens. The exterior version of paperstone.
looks good. they only have the one color (mocha)

just thinking about all of it now.
Here is what they said:
Dick,
Currently our external product, RainStone is sold directly through here at the manufacturing plant. We manufacture the panels 3/8” x 48” x 96” or 120”. Currently we have one color available, that is Mocha, which is a dark brown. Both sides of these panels have been uv protected. Yes, you can paint inside what you have routed out. We have found that oil based paint works best. PaperStone cannot be lasered, you need to use a cnc or one customer sandblasts.
Our standard product PaperStone can be made in various thickness for signage. Standard PaperStone is more uv sensitive and if placed out of doors would require some uv protection to avoid fading. Currently, we do not have a uv coating that can be manually applied.

Have you seen the product? I would be happy to send you some samples.

Thank you for your interest in our PaperStone products.

Joan

Joan Julius, Composite Customer Service
Paneltech International, LLC
2999 John Stevens Way
Hoquiam, WA 98550
tel: 360.538.9815 fax: 360.538.1510
www.paperstoneproducts.net (http://www.paperstoneproducts.net)

below is a photo they sent me of paperstone sign.
painted letters. using braille dots evidently.

wberminio
06-15-2009, 02:53 PM
Dick
I haven't had a chance to experiment with my sample.
I didn't know they had an exterior version.
The samples I received look like soapstone.
Nice material as far as I can tell.

Erminio

dakers
06-15-2009, 03:56 PM
i know if we paint the interior product. (inside the routing) it will hold up. Not sure about the exterior. i would have to google painting phenolic and see what i can find. Maybe a resin pour would be better for exterior.
also i asked them if there would ever be more colors or if the exterior was always going to be in stock.
they are not positive it will always be in stock or if there will be more colors. like anything else supply and demand will determine what they make probably. i do wish it was all exterior.
it is a nice product but the rowmark plastic is the industry standard for interior engraved wayfinding signs and it is available in many colors and always in stock but sizes are smaller.

It looks like a good product but i am not in the interior sign business.

dakers
06-15-2009, 05:12 PM
I would use their products for signs only. that is all we do. probably good for the other botters applications. It is rather expensive compared to other sign materials. For interior signs i could probably take formica laminated to pvc and have more color options. The big draw for me is that their exterior Rainscreens product is stated as a recycled product. there is a demand for that with our government customers.