PDA

View Full Version : File conversion?

myxpykalix
01-19-2007, 07:01 PM
I had someone send me an .art file and when i load it into PW I get this error message "invalid data/file version check to see what version created the file"
The only reference to this i could find in my search said to convert it to a eps file but PW won't load a eps file. Is there a reason PW won't read this file? Is there a conversion utility within PW or shopbot control software that i can't find? How would i load this? thanks

phil_o
01-19-2007, 07:14 PM
You can import an EPS file into PW. Start a new file first, then import.
If the original file was not created with PW you won't be able to open it in PW. Artcam Pro files are .ART files but PW can't open them.

myxpykalix
01-19-2007, 07:48 PM
When you have the file dialog box open (to load a file) the file types it says that it opens are: .art, dxf, dwg and it recognizes the file type but i get the error message, so I think you might be mistaken phil. Besides the artcam people made pw right?

jamesgilliam
01-19-2007, 09:26 PM
If the file was created with an earlier version of PW you may not be able to open it.

bill.young
01-20-2007, 05:10 AM
Phil is correct. Part Wizard won't open files that were created in other versions of ArtCam.

scottj
01-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Hi John,
The newer versions of files won't open in an oder version of PartWizard and ArtCam pro files will not work either but you should be able to open the file in Pro which I know you already have.

Scott