PDA

View Full Version : Updated

kubotaman
10-13-2009, 10:02 PM
Okay I finally updated to Version 3.6.3 and have a question. What has changed to make the X axis, haven't tried the Y axis, not travel the correct amount? I give the command for the X axis to travel 12" and it travels about 6.5". If the trouble is in the unit values mine are 1273.2395. I have a PRS Alpha. I know someone knows the answer but I sure don't. Thanks!

mitch_prest
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
2482.8171.... thats what I have for my prs alpha..

I know what you are dealing with as my bot woke up the other morning as another machine.. ..

mitch

kubotaman
10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
Mitch, I will plug that in and see what transpires. Why would the values be incorrect after the upgrade?

Gary Campbell
10-13-2009, 10:47 PM
Daryl...
3.6.3 has a couple issues that were fixed by 3.6.5. You might want to give the newest version a try.

In a few cases, and due to compliance with Vista, there are 2 instances for the Shopbot.ini file. If you eliminate both of them and reinstall, you should be able to select the default settings for your machine. (or a custom settings file you've saved with your settings)
Gary

wardsa
10-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Why would I want to update my software? What are the big changes? Last time I updated I about drove my bot through the wall. I talked to tech support and they said "oh you have to change this and that". Can't they put out updates like everyone else and not effect what you have already? I haven't updated in a few years.

gene
10-14-2009, 09:41 AM
If it aint broke dont fix it! My bot runs fine and does everything i want it to and i am happy so i dont upgrade just because i can. There has to be some benefit worth while then i will think about it

kubotaman
10-14-2009, 11:25 AM
I have a hard time understanding why I had to update. I was told by ShopBot to upgrade since I was having trouble making my "probe" work correctly. I think it was just a hope on their part. I was also told to make the probe move faster but of course that didn't help! To be honest I don't think the person knew the answer so "You have to upgrade" was the answer. I am going back to my "old" program which worked quite well!