View Full Version : Speed and feed resetting to zero

mitch_prest
07-24-2008, 10:29 PM
I have two toolpaths in partworks... a pocket and a profile. When I save them as one toolpath sbp file the second toolpath feed and plunge rate resets to zero and unless I edit the file the program stops after running the first toolpath. Any ideas why this would be happenning

mitch

magic
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
I would save them as tool-path A and tool-path B, as long as the bit is the same size the program will run each in succession and you'll make the cuts work.

beacon14
07-25-2008, 12:21 AM
Either the tool selected for the second toolpath has incorrect or missing feed and plunge rates set or there is a problem with the postprocessor file. Edit the toolpath and within the edit toolpath window click "edit" to view the cutter parameters.

mitch_prest
07-25-2008, 08:29 AM
the feed and speed for both toolpaths is the same.. 0.7 for the feed and 0.5 for the plunge.. I'm cutting 1/4" aluminum.. the tool is the same as well

kerrazy
07-25-2008, 08:39 AM
Mitch Send me you V-carve file and I will see if I can dig into it a little.
Dale
dale.kerr(at)sympatico.ca

kerrazy
07-25-2008, 10:10 AM
I re-applied your toolpaths and hmmm Was able to duplicate your error, I will forward to Brian and Tony to see what's up on your behalf.
Dale

kerrazy
07-25-2008, 10:21 AM
OK I got it, it seems to have truncated your MS line, as in your file your feed rate was set to in/min. If you change feed rate to in/sec and ensure you have your values re-entered it will process fine.
Dale

mitch_prest
07-25-2008, 01:08 PM
Dale
that still doesn't fix it .. the second part of the file still resets to zero for the feed and the plunge

mitch

srwtlc
07-25-2008, 06:29 PM
Make sure that the values for the tools in your tool database are all set to use in/sec and that you actually have speeds set. Check the setting under the edit button also. They may have been set to something else there which will override the settings in the main tool selection window.

If combining toolpaths, each toolpath must use the same tool with the same tool number or you'll get a warning about it.