PDA

View Full Version : SB bit starter kit feedrates

nick
01-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Hi Guys, new to the shop bot world PRSstandard 4x8 2.25hp spindle...5 days actually, and loving every minute...but I'm taking it slow...especially with feedrates and RPM...does anybody have some start up data to get me in the ball park on softwood and hardwood cutting data with the starter kit bits...

1/4 upcut (2)
1/4 down (1)
1/4 straight (1)
1/8 ballnose (1)
1/2 straight (1)
1/2 60deg V (1)

Also...have the HSD spindle...is everything cut at 18000 RPM or does this vary...??

What is the recommended pass depth .125 for 1/4 CED and .250 for 1/2 CED???

Thanks

Nick Corso

mitch_prest
01-20-2008, 10:06 PM
G'day Nick
I am just days away from ordering my shopbot.. so I'm wondering how you are liking the setup you have.. do you figure the table is big enough.. is it fast enough...how is the spndle for sound level.. I'm trying to decide whether its worth the extra money to get the alpha or to get the same same as you have..

nick
01-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Loving the setup...the 4x8 will do for now, and hopefully when the biz takes off 5x10...as for speed...it gets the job done...the alpha is by far faster...so thats your decision...as for sound...my dust collector is louder....no really....quiet...

I was in your shoes...until the very end...and now I am extremely happy...if you got the $$ got for it...otherwise...you'll still be good.

Hope this helped