PDA

View Full Version : Dust collector bag?

gundog
04-20-2009, 01:29 AM
I have a Delta 50-760 Dust Collector that I use on my SB the filter bag is a 5 micron with a fleece type lining. I cut plastic and the fleece is terrible to try and clean. I would like to try and get another bag but I have not been able to find a source. I want to go to a 30 Micron bag that does not have a fleece type lining. I do not create dust like you would cutting wood it is just a chip collector.

The opening on my machine is round and 16" in diameter. Anyone out there that has a filter bag like this that upgraded to a finer mesh let me know or let me know where I can buy something. Delta only makes a replacement in the 5 micron type.
Thanks Mike

gene
04-20-2009, 11:08 AM
Mike
You could find the material you like and take it to someone with a sewing machine and let them make you one. I dont think it would be very hard. Grizzly or lobo may have one as well

bcondon
04-20-2009, 05:08 PM
Grizzley on had 14.5 + 19" dia bags

Is there a clip, a band clamp or a strap with a d ring that holds the upper bag on?

I have a sail makers sewing machine and if you
can find what you want for fabric, I could whip it together in 10-15 minutes.

bcondon11@yahoo.com (mailto:bcondon11@yahoo.com)

bcondon
04-20-2009, 05:15 PM
If I only had a 40 foot long shopbot about 8 feet wide with a good drag knife, I could be
making sails too...

How expensive could that be?

===
Doyle salimakers did have a CNC sail material cutting machine with some young whipper-snapper lad (probably 19 years old) rearranging sail panels on his CNC design station to cut out all sorts of cool fabric...

Of course he was in a Hawaiin shirt, sandals and shorts, blonde hair... just telling this 40 foot machine what to do...

I suppose even that gets boring too...

8-)

gundog
04-20-2009, 07:00 PM
I do have a band clamp for it. I am not sure what the material is that I need or what it is called or where to buy it. I have a friend with a commercial machine that I might talk into making it. What is the material called is it just some sort of canvas? I am going to keep the bag I have now for my ocasional wood cutting job.

I looked at the Grizzley site but they list their bags as replcemnts for model numbers I don't have the deminsions for. Can you tell me what part number the 14.5 + 19" dia bags are? I guess I should just call Grizzley and ask them.

Thanks Mike

bcondon
04-21-2009, 03:15 PM
G5559 is 14.5"

G1027 is 19"

I would think that a heavy canvas would be good enough because it is not dust per say but plastic bits...