PDA

View Full Version : Pattern

ababian
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I am looking for a pattern for a toddler bed to build for my grandson and was wondering if anyone could help. I'm particularly interested in something like a racecar or train. I'm open to ideas and would welcome any help offered. Thanks in advance.

robert_cheal
05-05-2009, 11:53 AM
Allen,

I have nothing to show yet but my 3.5 yr. old is
crazy about trains and I have been entertaining such a bed for some time now. It might be a month before I get any designs together I would be happy to share when I do. I would start by doing a image search on "google" ranging fron toy trains to the real thing to see if any idea jumps out at me.

Robert

robert_cheal
05-05-2009, 11:54 AM
Allen,

I have nothing to show yet but my 3.5 yr. old is
crazy about trains and I have been entertaining such a bed for some time now.
It might be a month before I get any designs together I would be happy to share when I do.
I would start by doing a image search on "google" ranging fron toy trains to the real thing to see if any idea jumps out at me.

Robert

coach
05-05-2009, 05:30 PM
The mega collection from vector art has lots of clip art with trucks, trains, race cars. It is costly though.
David

coach
05-05-2009, 05:34 PM
Allen, let me know what you are looking for I can see if it is the books I have.

ababian
05-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Thanks for the input. I did some searching and found a couple of patterns but the ones I saw looked something like cut outs attached to a standard bed frame. I'm looking more for something where the car (or train) sort of "is" the bed frame if that makes sense. I would like it to look like an actual car that the mattress fits down into. I would need help creating the pattern for something like that. I've been doing signs and cabinets with my shopbot. I haven't done any detailed patterns.

gene
05-06-2009, 12:22 AM
Cant you take a clipart of a car and scale it up and use the side profile as the bed rails
Then use stretchers for the slats

ababian
05-11-2009, 10:18 PM
Thank you for all your help. I found a bed plan from a site called Plans4Wood and we've been able to adapt it for the shopbot. I will be glad to post pictures when it's done. By the way, we ended up going with a fire truck! :o)