PDA

View Full Version : Creating buttons on Dentil molding?

myxpykalix
01-14-2007, 08:19 AM
Ok I created some dentil molding in PW and I want to decorate the "keys" of the dentil molding with a plunge button 1/2" bit. My problem is if you look at the pic I colored some dots in to represent the button bit. How do i toolpath the bit to go to the center of each key and plunge down? I assumed it would be a "drilling" toolpath but i can't seem to figure out how to make a equal spot (vector?) to tell it to go to that place to drill?

bleeth
01-14-2007, 09:41 AM
One way Jack is to draw a 1/2" circle, block copy it with the right number of circles and offset distance, select the circles and center them with the centre vector tool in a box vector around the dentils created just for that purpose and then erased. In Pro you can accomplish that sort of thing with layers and toggle your "construction line" vectors on and off as needed as well as have them in different colors. I would size my dentils so there are no "half dentils" that would properly have a half imprint.

kaaboom_99
01-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Hi Jack
Prior to VCPro software, I accomplished this task in Corel by creating a circle 0.003" in the centre of the drill locations.

fleinbach
01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Jack,

You can make circles, squares, or rectangles and select the drilling mode in partwizard. It will drill a hole, dead center of any of these objects. For what you are trying to do here, I would choose circles and make them the width of one of your dental squares. That way they are easy to drag into place and center. Of course if you space the first one perfectly and know the exact distance to the centers you can do a block copy to fill in the rest.

andre
02-15-2007, 08:23 PM
The easiest way I see is to create one perfect dental molding with all the accents and block copy with the proper offsets. I look at repetitive design with doing one perfect and then copying.