PDA

View Full Version : Lables not working

bill_lumley
12-02-2009, 08:18 AM
A few days ago I had a major malfunction on the link where I had the outline cut offset by the X distance of the air drill offset . This had never happened before and while on the phone with shopbot it was observed for some reason my USB throughput had fallen to 3% !!! Unalbe to trace that I decided it was time to go back to an XP machine with NOTHING on it but shopbot and the link and the USB capability jumped to 77% . Well all this to say I am starting over in setting up the link again . I have a Dymo 400 lablewriter and can not get it to print landscape . The only place I can find to change that is at the Windows level under printer preferences but that seems to have no effect . I can not find any other place to set this so my lables print with the correct orientation .... Any ideas ??

Thansk Bill

dlcw
12-02-2009, 09:56 AM
Bill,

For some reason when you set orientation in the Link, it ignores those settings. You need to go to the Start button and then into Printers and Faxes (or control panel -> printers and faxes). Select the Dymo printer there and set your orientation. Then the Link will print correctly. This is what I did under the guidance of JC and it worked.

Don

bill_lumley
12-02-2009, 10:23 AM
Thanks Don , I had actually remembered that part but I thought I would be clever and print labels to screen so not to waste lables until I had it working . Turns out you can only set the landscape mode for the printer when you set option for actual printing so you need to set landscape mode in two places and test it with an actual label and not just printing to the screen .

Bill

erniek
12-08-2009, 07:50 AM
How do you measure USB capabiltiy?

bill_lumley
12-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Ernest, you go to Utilities , Diagnostic Tools - Speedtest . For Speedtest to work you need to be in Preview Mode .

Bill