View Full Version : Donations In Memory of Jay Pollard

kerrazy
02-13-2006, 09:27 AM
Good morning Fellow ShopBotters,
I have just spoken to Jay's wife this morning, this came as I was perusing the forum and even though he passed away almost a week ago, his name it still very visible in many parts of the forum.

Jay was always willing to offer advice to new and experienced ShopBotters.
I had the pleasure of meeting Jay at my Camp a few summers ago,and have stayed in email and telephone communication since and he was as many of you know a kind Gentleman.
I would like to suggest all of us who were helped by Jay, please give a donation to a charity of your choice on behalf of Jay, sort of a payment in kind for all the help he offered you. I will start today by giving a donation of $100.00 to the Ottawa Heart Institue, as Jay had suffered heart problems for several years and this is ultimatley what led to his untimley departure.
To make a donation to this charity you should be able to click the link Ottawa Heart Institute (http://www.ottawaheart.ca/UOHI/Donation_1.do)Or mailling address as requested:
University of Ottawa Heart Institute
40 Ruskin Street,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1Y 4W7
Warmest regards,
Dale Kerr

jsfrost
02-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Dale,
I'm sure I could find a place to donate, but several donations to the same cause seems a better tribute to Jay. Can you supply a mailing address for the Ottawa Heart Institute?

Jim Frost

kerrazy
02-13-2006, 01:10 PM
bump