PDA

View Full Version : I have a couple of assembly questions.

knight_toolworks
04-06-2007, 12:22 AM
has anyone had to ream out the mounting holes on the z to get their spindle lined up right? the holes were so tight I could hardly get the bolts in so I could not tip the spindle at all.
also the instructions tell you to keep the spindle wires and the motor wire seperate. like in having them on each side of the plastic bend? but what about when they are off the table seems like they will be laying against each other. I want to make sure noise is not an issue so I want to do it right.
the manual shows a different vfd do I still follow the same instructions? I have a HSD spindle. the order page though says pre programmed.
also the wiring says I need a shutoff but wht if the breaker box is 8' or less from my bot?

stockbub
04-06-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't do anything with the holes. The bottom rail areout of align. You will take loose the bottom rail and adjust so the wheels barely turn. We tightened every 18" at first and then tightened the rest working the z back and forth. Several people bored holes and that was not the solution at all.

When I came off the plastic bend, my 220 went to the front and the rest of the wires went to the backof the carriage. I then gave my 220 wire more slack so it would hang under other wires. Also, when I started making my loop, I drilled a hole 6" back from the front and put a wire twist to hold the 220 away from the other wires. I will try and take a pic so you can see what I am talking about, but it worked, wires do not touch.

knight_toolworks
04-07-2007, 11:10 PM
I pretty much did the same thing with the wiring. hope I don't ahve a noise issue.
got it all done and waiting for power now.