View Full Version : Email an Artcam Vector Drawing ?

billmaj
07-30-2004, 08:44 AM
I've created a model from a photograph using Artcam Pro rls 6.0. Then reduced the number of colors and drew vectors over the bitmap to obtain a 2D view. I would like to email either the 2D view or the simulation to the customer for approval prior to making the piece. I've tried copying the vectors to the clipboard, saving the 2D image as a jpg and/or bmp file and inserting as a picture, but these do not open in the email. I was able to open the bmp file but it seems that I saved the photo not the line drawing even though I had the bitmap turned off and the vector drawing active. Does anyone have an idea how I might do this?

Thanks

fleinbach
07-30-2004, 09:36 AM
Bill'

I'm not sure how to do what you want in Artcam but there is a way to make a copy of anything exactly as you see it on your computer. That is to use a program called Snagit. I have been using it for several years now and it makes a perfect picture of anything on your screen that can me saved in almost any format. It will even snag text. You can download a 30 day trial here http://www.techsmith.com/download/snagitdefault.asp?lid=DownloadSnagIt
You will wonder how you got along without it once you use it.

Frank

edcoleman
07-30-2004, 09:49 AM
Bill:

Another method would be to simply capture the display of your computer to a bitmap and then paste it into any application.

You can get a snapshot of whatever is on your monitor by hitting <ctrl><print screen> or get a picture of your active program's window by hitting <alt><print screen>. Next open whatever program you use to edit bitmaps and paste the clipboard contents, save to your preferred format and you're done.

Hope that made sense (and helps!)

-Ed

billmaj
07-30-2004, 10:12 AM
Thanks to both Ed and Frank. Both methods worked great. The snagit option allows capturing any portion of the screen by drawing a box around the item. I sent the email already.