View Full Version : Programming help for musical instruments

bud
01-01-2004, 04:27 PM
I bought a ShopBot last August to help with productivity in my shop. So far it has slowed my productivity to a crawl and has been a large black hole for money spent for software and accessories. Upon re-evaluating my decision to purchase a ShopBot I have came to the conclusion that I made and have persisted in a mistake. The mistake was/is that I do not, nor do I want to, make a living as a CAM/CAD/programming/machining operating professional. I make a living building acoustic musical instruments. I have spent way to many hours trying to learn software and programming when what I need to do is get on with earning my normal living. I have decided I need someone to program these files for me. Can anyone suggest someone who can do this type of work? I can supply blueprints and/or parts to be reverse engineered.

Additional note: I was told I could buy a probe that would program files from the parts I have hand built. However, I have found the files produced with a probe to be full of mistakes and redundancies. I have spent countless hours editing these probed files.

steeve
01-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi Bud,
I'll be I could help you out. Musical instrument parts is what we do! We have a Shopbot as well as another CNC machine. We can generate parts files for you, if that's what you want.

Check out my website to see some of the stuff we do, on and off of the 'Bot:

http://www.cumberlandacoustic.com

We've done a lot of stuff that hasn't made it to the site yet. Give me a call if you would like to pursue this: 615 826-7890.

Steve Smith