PDA

View Full Version : Control Software 3.6.5

GlenP
10-13-2009, 04:54 PM
Anyone else having a slight issue with the new control software. At times it seems not to initiate a command...if I click on Jog toolbar the dropdown window comes down and then I click on Jog x and y and it closes the window but nothing happens??? It happens with file and then open part file as well. I switched back to the 3.5.20 and everything is fine. ??? Just curious if anyone else experienced this. Good news though... I was having motor noise and backlash and shopbot replaced one of my X motors and things are better. The replacement x motor was very tight and made no sound when you move the shaft unpowered. My existing motors all make a clicking sound and I have had alot of grinding, rattling and backlash issues. Still ongoing but great service once again from Ted and the support group. Thanks

Gary Campbell
10-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Glen...
I have experienced similar. Below is a pic of an issue I reported in August that shows the command "J2,12,12" entered and [ENTER] key hit multiple times with no response from the software.

Gary

ken_rychlik
10-13-2009, 07:03 PM
Glen, I had the same issues and went back to an older version of the sb3. It's not as fancy, but it works. I think Gary has to use the newer version for the Ecabinetrs link though.

Let me know when they fix it Gary. lol

Kenneth

Gary Campbell
10-13-2009, 07:09 PM
Kenneth...
Gotcha on speed dial!

Gary

harryball
10-13-2009, 09:06 PM
It is very annoying. I went back to 3.5.x to avoid it.

/RB