View Full Version : Partwizard to Partworks

rlt
07-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I've got an older shopbot (2006 standard) and I'm going to buy a new alpha machine this summer.

Problem is, I've got a considerable investment in some fairly complex PartWizard art files, and I'd need to convert them from Partwizard to the new PartWorks (there are some features in PartWorks that I need)

I searched the archives, and this is all I found:
"Posted on Saturday, November 17, 2007 - 1:24 pm: Rumor mill says that ShopBot is working on a converter from Parts Wizard 2 to VCP"

There are no responses after that.

Does anyone know how I can convert the old partwizard art files to be imported into PartWorks?

Thanks,
-- Ron

jerry_stanek
07-04-2009, 11:13 AM
What format are these files in?

Gary Campbell
07-04-2009, 11:39 AM
Ron...
In case the converter doesnt show.... an ArtCam owner can take the PWz files and convert them to EPS or DXF, which can be imported into PWks. You will have to make new files and re toolpath, but they are not lost.

I dont know of a "one button" converter.

Gary

tmerrill
07-04-2009, 11:48 AM
Ron,

I know you can have 2 or more instances of Partworks open at a time and copy and paste between them. Possibly the same would work with Partwizard and Partworks. Would only take a minute to try. I don't have Partwizard on my computer anymore or I'd try it before posting.

As with Gary's solution, you would still have to re-toolpath.

When I converted a few of my old Partwizard files over to VCarve Pro (Partworks), I took the time to separate vectors into layers as appropriate. Makes maintenance and future changes easier.

Tim

magic
07-04-2009, 11:58 AM
IDEA

I use two computers. One has Partworks the other has Artcam. Then I don't have to change old files.

The other benefit is that I can program while cutting

kshores
07-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Ron,
Bruce Clark wrote a program called Partwizard_2_Partworks to do just that. I have used it and it works quite well. I wasn't able to find the post on the forum but it's out there somewhere. Perhaps someone else might recall the listing.
Ken