PDA

View Full Version : Tabbing Question

jimmythethief
09-24-2003, 10:15 AM
I have found out on my last two projects that I can't do without tabbing...the problem is that when I turn tabbing on, it puts tabbs in my dado's...and well...I can't have tabs in my dado's...so I was wondering how to put tabs in the cut only portion of my code...ALSO...I am also considering instead of tabbing...leaving a thin skin under the whole work piece and then going back through with a second pass to cut the bottom skin (I don't have a large planer or drum sander)...would this work? or would the parts still move around even though I am only cutting though, say, .1" of material?

Erik

bjwat@comcast.net
09-24-2003, 11:50 AM
Erik,
Why not do seperate toolpaths for contouring and dadoes? That way you could have the tabbing off when you do the dado and then turn it on and run your profile passes.

-Brady

jimmythethief
09-24-2003, 11:58 AM
I had thought about doing that, but I guess I'm just being lazy...and if I can let the whole program run without me having to stop half way through...it wouldn't interupt my mid day television shows I can now watch while the bot does all the hard work!

M. HOLM
09-24-2003, 12:14 PM
Don't forget that you can manually insert the tabbing command into the .sbp file. Once the toolpath is generated, review the code manually and insert the tabbing command at the beginneng of a code section when the depth goes to zero, and at the end of that same section.

The command I use to turn on tabbing is:
VB, .1, 10, .4, .4, 1,,4
this puts .1" deep tabs at 10" intervals

Turn off the tabbing function with:
VB, .1, 10, .4, .4, 0,,4

Good luck.

dmdraper
09-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Good tabbing info from the past...

Tabbing Thread (http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/22/245.html)