PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Tools missing...

wayne_walker
10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
I had a issue arise with my control software, so I reloaded it.

Now, everytime I start the program an error message pops up stating "virtual tools file is missing or corrupt"

I went into the software and looked at the virtual tools file and it appear to be complete. I went ahead deleted it, copied, and pasted another file where the other one was deleted.

Nothing changed...Anyone have a clue?

Thanks in advance!

Wayne

myxpykalix
10-05-2009, 02:53 AM
make sure your location is correct:
C:\Program Files\ShopBot\Virtual Tools

srwtlc
10-05-2009, 09:25 AM
Wayne,

Is the "VirtualTools.ini" file in the folder? If that file is not there, you'll get that message.

wayne_walker
10-05-2009, 12:43 PM
Jack,
Yes, that is where I put the new folder.
You have additional items in your VT file. I appears you modified some but I don't have extruder, utilities, previewer, and Spindle Control (However, I don't have a spindle)

Scott,
I will have to look tonight when I get home, I don't think it was there, just by my bad memory.

If not, should I re-load the program or just take the VT folder and replace the existing folder?

I assume that is why I do not have a A and B located on the red ShopBot poistion box!!! They were there prior to the re-load.

It is not that I use them, I just want every component, in case a file calls for something that is connected to the VT.

Thanks for the help...

Wayne

myxpykalix
10-05-2009, 01:11 PM
to get your A,B back in control software go to (V)alues/(D)isplay and change "number of axis" to 5 on the fill in sheet.

Then change the "units" from inches to degrees for your A or B drive. Unless you have a indexer having those two boxes make no difference.