PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade to 3.6.2 trouble anyone?

kubotaman
07-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I have posted this in "trouble shooting" and thought maybe I could get more hits on this question. I was cutting as usual today and then upgraded to the newest version 3.6.2. After the upgrade I would set home as earlier and the spindle would not find home after setting the coordinates. I tried more times than I should have and it would always go to the wrong spot. Remember I am cutting the exact same file. I let it cut even when at the wrong "home" and it would cut but at a much smaller radius as the original file cut with the earlier version. I reloaded the earlier version, removing the update and the spindle cut perfect! I have a PRSAlpha. Any help out there?

john_hartman
07-03-2009, 11:10 PM
I am having similar issues. It seems to forget the original 0,0 constantly. I have to go through the 0,0 routine frequently to reset it. Also, I can tell it to M2- 24,36 (for example) and it will go a couple of inches lock up (like a prox. switch hit, even though they are off). Then if I look at the control console the machine still thinks its moving to its programmed destination and stops there....? So then have to manually move it back close to the intended 0,0 to redo the 0,0 routine again. I have a PRS Alpha as well and just installed to he new version.

ken_rychlik
07-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Daryl,

There is a 3.6.3 available. I have not tried it, but it may fix those issues for you.

kubotaman
07-04-2009, 12:46 AM
Ken, I made a mistake on the update version I installed. It was version 3.6.3. I have two computers and I looked at the incorrect one. Thanks!

ted
07-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Guys,

I am thinking that your issue here is with the wrong ShopBot.ini file being read. With the shift to 3.6.x we have tried to be Windows Vista/7 UAC compliant. That means that the ini file can no longer be in the Program Files folder but is put in a UserData folder that will have a different name and path, depending on the specific version of windows.

Your problem sounds like an issue with that system -- the software may be either looking or storing the info in the wrong place. But something is confused ...

I'm thinking that if you call in, we can probably step through figuring it out. But as an interim shot at fixing it, I would look in the C:\Program Files\ShopBot\ShopBot 3 folder and if there is a ShopBot.ini file there, delete it. [If you are running vista, we are also going to need to find the hidden copy and delete it.] Then, use the windows folder search function to check to see if windows sees any other ShopBot.ini files -- and delete them. Now start the software and re-select the right configuration file for your tool.

Ted Hall, ShopBot Tools