PDA

View Full Version : Have two questions

kubotaman
04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
I am surfacing my new ShopBot and midway into the file I am having the spindle stop moving. The spindle will still be left running. I have to go out and restart my computer to get the spindle to quit running. The window that comes up says "Lost Comm Return". What does it mean. Can that be caused by static electricity? If so my dust collector tube is not grounded. Can I wrap it in bare copper or am I better off to buy the tube with the ground installed? Where can I buy the tube? My second question is when I make the surfacing table file it always will raise the spindle to 1" and proceed to go around the table. I have to edit the file to not raise the spindle and it will then proceed to cut. Why does it raise the one inch?

robredick
04-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Run a bare copper wire through the tube and attach it to the ground screw on your dust collector.

That should fix the problem.

coach
04-16-2009, 06:49 PM
I had the same problem when cutting larger files.
A couple times 50 minutes into a 60 minute cut..............UGGHHHH !!!
With the help of Ryan at tech support I did the following.
NO SCREEN SAVER
TURNED OFF FIREWALL
NO SPYWARE RUNNING
I PURCHASED A HI-SPEED USB HUB at walmart for under $20.00
Lo and behold,,,,,no more MISSING COMM
I despise that error message.
Hope it helps you.
David

kubotaman
04-17-2009, 12:23 AM
Well hopefully I solved the problem today. I installed a small cable in the dust collector hose and grounded it to the dust collector. I was able to run the surface table program twice without the screen coming up!!! Hope I solved it. Maybe I was creating static electricity since I didn't have the dust system grounded.