PDA

View Full Version : Windows new operating system - Vista

phil_o
02-17-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm shopping for a new computer. I've read that there are compatability problems with some software. Has SB3, PWII etc. been tested for compatablity with Vista?

knight_toolworks
02-17-2007, 02:19 PM
yes I would like to know. I ahve free vista upgrades an I want to make sure the software will run. but I will keep my control computer xp.

mdebruce
02-19-2007, 08:24 AM
HI
I don't know about SB and related software but as a CAD professional we have been advised by our sources to NOT install Vista at this time. There are a lot of compatibility issues and in most cases our software runs slower.

Regards,
MDe

gordon
02-19-2007, 03:32 PM
At this time we are also advising not to install Vista as well. We are testing the ShopBot software and can connect to a control box, but we need to do some extensive testing to make sure all functions work properly, the tool runs smoothly and at the right speed. The other software on the slate is PW3, ArtCAM Pro, Insignia, Rhino, MillWizard and Alibre (our 3D design app). We will post reports as the testing proceeds.

butch
02-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I had to buy a new computer and it had Vista. Had lots of compatability problems, starting with Microsoft software - wont run Small Business Accounting 2006, some of my graphic programs, Corel works crashed and won't upgrade, several others. Wait a year and see how it is doing then - until then XP is a solid program.

garyb
02-20-2007, 01:28 PM
Just for info..............
You can still buy new computers preloaded with xp pro, just picked up 3 gateways last week to change out the shop computers.
Lot of bargains to be had, local store had 7 instock so were willing deal.