PDA

View Full Version : Spoil board material

sebastien1
12-01-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm trying to locate Turpan around the Indianapolis area and coming up short. One source is offering Norbord Ultra Light Desity Fiberboard. Has anyone used this for the spoil board? Is it porous enough for a vacuum to pull through?

jhicks
12-01-2008, 01:25 PM
John, Trupan is a brand composed of Radiatta Pine and less formaldehyde. Many suppliers dont know it as Trupan but refer to it as Ultra Light and when you look at the edge stamp it says trupan right on it.
Nice part is dust is much less costic than MDF (who knows whats in it type) Trupan creates nice clean white pine dust not the same fine airborne particulates as the normal MDF.
That being said, other ultra lite material may be another composition but the key is less density and cleaner dust. How much does conventional MDF weigh? and how much does this ultralite weigh?
I would give it a try and see how it works for your vac but probably pretty well. Not sure on the dust issue.

atclarkson
06-03-2009, 08:50 PM
John Did you ever try that Norbord? and if so and it worked out what was the source, I am also in Indianapolis and Attempting to locate a source for Trupan.

john_hartman
06-03-2009, 09:42 PM
Adam, I did locate Trupan through Aetna Plywood (317-353-6281) on the east side. They are a distributor so you'll need to set up an account or pay about $55 retail and buy it through Southeastern Supply (317-359-9551) and pick it up at Aetna. Where are you in Indy?