PDA

View Full Version : OIL PAINTING WOODEN FRAME -- WIP :-)

khalid
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM
After long long time, atlast i touched my CNC Machine... I purchased an oil painting from Paris and that was without frame... I made a relief of the frame 14mm height carved on 1.5" thick 150mm wide wood...

phil_o
07-15-2009, 10:04 AM
As always - wonderful and inspiring. Thanks for posting Khalid.

mikeacg
07-15-2009, 11:17 PM
I know the feeling Khalid! I just fired mine up this afternoon for the first time in a month (long story). My project was infinitely less exciting than yours! Good to see you are back, showing us mere mortals how to do it!

Mike

khalid
07-22-2009, 01:48 PM
Thanks Phil and Michael... The above pictures shows the worst quality of my machine in its Life... I was totally disappointed because i was getting scratches nd variations ( plus- minus 0.1mm) in the Z-height..This makes the quality of carving very bad.. and fine details were missing and also required lot of sanding...

So i found the culprit in my machine..It was due to loose Y-axis screw... After thorough inspection i also found some racking....

I solved both of the problems and following is the cut i made today...This design is just out of machine with 3mm ball nose keeping 12mm step over value... I am totally satisfied now..

My wife said that these carving (04 Ea) will be used for making Palmet for the drawing room curtains..so sorry i can't correct the Thread Title...