PDA

View Full Version : Tilting reliefs in artcam

microfarms@direcway.com
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Hello all
well heres one for the artcam guys i have a fish relief that need to lower the tail section so i need to be able to tilt it along a plane what i mean is can artcam tilt a relief through the plane surface?

jkforney
08-08-2003, 05:11 PM
Outland

You can make parts of your fish higher or lower. You can also merge one shape into another at different depths. In fact, at the training, one of the favorite lessons is Tony's Tackle which has a sign with a fish. This of course is in the ArtCam Pro 3d.

If I have incorrectly read your message and you in fact want a fish that is just tilted in the z plane, I'll have to let someone else answer. I don't know.

I think that ShopBot has ArtCam demo disks that they will send to you.

John Forney

harold_weber
08-08-2003, 08:20 PM
Outland, do you want
a. someone to do this for you, or
b. someone to tell you how to do it yourself in ARTCAM?

If a,
if you can send me a .stl or .3ds file, I can rotate it for you and return it in the same format.

grant@shopbottools.com
08-11-2003, 09:36 AM
If you want to tilt a relief in ArtCAM, I would do it with the "create angled plane" or the "extrude" tool. It is an absolute cinch with the angled plane tool. Follow the icons. Basically you pick two or three points of reference. You select the xy coordinates by hand, then you have the option to put in whatever z values you want. When you hit "add", the entire relief will be tilted based on the numbers you put in. It is a bit more complex to do it with the extrude tool, but that is a valid technique as well. If this doesn't get you where you need to go, please email me at ShopBot for more help.

Grant