PDA

View Full Version : A bit wierd approch to selling your services.

knight_toolworks
01-27-2008, 02:35 AM
check this guy out. it's a bit crazy and how do you really sell cutting a shape? and only 5.00? says nothing about materials so I guess thats extra and against ebay policy.
http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-ROUTER-CUTS-THIS-CIRCLE-IN-WOOD-OR-PLASTIC_W0QQitemZ300193528903QQihZ020QQcategoryZ57 122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-ROUTER-CUTS-ANY-OF-THESE-ITEMS-IN-WOOD-OR-PLASTIC_W0QQitemZ300193528762QQihZ020QQcategoryZ57 122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

myxpykalix
01-27-2008, 04:59 AM
Well at least he's using a shopbot!!

oscarg1971
01-27-2008, 11:47 AM
That's Santiago Laverde. Lives here in the Houston area and seems to get some of his business advertising that way. - Oscar

knight_toolworks
01-27-2008, 01:13 PM
been thinking of using ebay to get hits but not sure whats the best approach.

Brady Watson
01-27-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll add my 2 cents here as far as Ebay advertising goes...On one hand I commend those who are trying everything they can, and new approaches to drum up business. On the other hand, the mantra people have in their heads concerning things on Ebay is 'cheap'...everybody wants to get a deal. If you want to have a thin profit margin and deal with the average public, then by all means, enter the Ebay arena. If you want to really build your business, make real contacts and take on high profile jobs with large profit margins, then avoid Ebay like the plague. The problem with most that would want your services via Ebay is that they simply don't understand what goes into what you are doing, and think that you just 'push a button' and perfect parts come out like magic. Make contacts with businesses and avoid individual/retail/home owners as much as possible if you are looking to make a living with your machine.

-B

knight_toolworks
01-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I agree ebay is not a great place to sell such services. its not always because of price but because of name.
but ebay is good for advertising and your may get a lot of people looking at your stuff and thats a good thing. so the item may sell cheap but you may get more customers because of it. after 8+ years of ebay I learned this. I had some of my best sales from people seeing my tools on ebay then buying directly from me.