PDA

View Full Version : Excellent results with pogramming tool files

bcondon
01-29-2009, 08:06 AM
Last night I started production of some local town signs. I played with programming shopbot files using the

JZ, 1.000
M2, 0.000, 0,0000
FP, abc.sbf,,,,,2

JZ, 1.000
M2, 25.000, 0,0000
FP, abc.sbf,,,,,2

Once you remove the spindle start and stop information from the base file and add that to this auto file, it works like a champ.

Additionally, I program in each step like"

' V90 1.25 tool?
PAUSE

TR,12000
' Turn on dust collection
PAUSE
' Is the table clear?
PAUSE

'
'Turning router ON
SO,1,1
PAUSE,2
'
MS,1.7,0.5

====
SO if you are making the same product at different locations on your bed, try it out!... works GREAT!

beacon14
01-29-2009, 08:59 AM
Except the .sbf should be .sbp

Good job on the programming though.

bill.young
01-29-2009, 09:11 AM
Hey Bob,

Cutting in offset mode is pretty slick, isn't it! The programming capabilities of the ShopBot language open up a lot of new possibilities.

For those of you that haven't played with offset mode yet, there's an article on the ShopBot website on it that might help.

http://www.shopbottools.com/BillsCorner.htm#Exploring%20Part%20Files%202

Bill

bcondon
01-29-2009, 09:15 AM
Almost like programming a subroutine in formal languages.

angus_hines
01-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Proof reading algorithms makes my head hurt.

10 PRINT "MY HEADHURTS"
20 GOTO 10

dray
01-30-2009, 04:33 PM
10 print "my headhurts";
20 goto 10

Run
My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts My headhurts my headhurts

gabepari
01-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Danny, there seems to be a problem with your code. There is this errant capital "M" running rampant.

Gabe "Hello World!" Pari

bleeth
01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
For the first time in years I needed to do this for a file and like Bob I edited out much of the general command code. Worked like a charm. The object was a whole stack of these rosettes in 1/4" Ash which was contact cemented to a piece of plywood so afterwards the web could be removed and the parts sanded while on the plywood. Fortunately the client got to do the sanding!!