PDA

View Full Version : ZZero

waltie
02-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Is there a zzero routine you use for metric ?
The zzero I use for inches is not getting my depths correctley

Thanking you in advance

davidp
02-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Ray,

I use a routine supplied by Shopbot that sets the shopbot to imperial mode at the begining of the routine and then changes back to metric at the end of the ZZero. From memory the line
VA,,,,,1,1 is added at the beging, this changes to inch mode and then
VA,,,,,1,0 is added at the end to change back to metric. The number of commas may not be correct but support at Shopbot will email the correct routine to you.

David

sawkerf
02-05-2005, 11:21 PM
You might check the default thickness of your zzero plate listed in your zzero program. Mine was set @ .131, should have been .121. Sorry, I don't remember how or where I changed it but I'm sure one of the smart guys on the forum can tell you.

richards
02-06-2005, 07:55 AM
The Shopbot file that I use (when I use the C2 command to zero the Z-axis) is C:\SBPARTS\ZZERO.SBP. You should copy that file to C:\SBPARTS\ZZERO.BAK (or some other program name if you prefer) for safekeeping while you play with the settings.

First, let me state that my Alpha is set up for inch mode, so you've been warned ...

In the ZZERO.SBP file there are two variables that you'll need to change, &ZBOT and &ZUP, and a few constants (MZ and JZ commands).

Change &ZBOT to the thickness of your Z-Zero plate (use a micrometer or caliper to get an accurate reading - my plate is 0.122 inches thick) and change &ZUP to your safe Z-AXIS height (12 should work fine).

Find each MZ and JZ command and change each inch value constant to a metric value constant.

JZ, -5 becomes JZ, -127.
MZ, -1 becomes MZ, -25.
JZ, .50 becomes JZ, 12.
etc.

Unless I've missed something, you should be able to save the file and then run the program.

Mike

dingenis
02-06-2005, 11:24 AM
hello ray,

in the download section of shopbot there is a file for the zeroing routine rewritten for using metric filename= SBD147_040120MetricModZZero

waltie
02-07-2005, 11:46 AM
thanks to everyone for their input. I changed the sbp zzero file values to metric and it worked fine. after reading "dingenis" post, I downloaded that file and checked it against mine.
They were exact.

Again I want to thank everyone for all the help you give, for without it, I would have a Bot, and little else.

Ray