PDA

View Full Version : Design confusion

myxpykalix
03-08-2007, 05:15 AM
Ok I have designed a design element that is going to be attached to a bedroom door but i'm confused on how to figure the proper placement of a cutout for the door handle.
The center of the doorknob/circle is 35" in the X
As indicated by the second picture the Y measurement is what i'm a bit confused by.

In "door 2.jpg" the circle is 3" diamter and sits into the material so the outside edge is at 2.5" from the 0, Y point.
I only have one chance to cut this right so i want to make sure i'm doing this correctly. I would rather cut it like the black line indicates but I don't know how to draw the curves to do that.
The black lines represent the actual door and the white section is the addon to the door.
Does this look correct to you?

frank_hav
03-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Jack see if this helps
Shape dxf

7309 (7.3 k)

myxpykalix
03-09-2007, 03:03 PM
Frank,
That worked out perfectly. I cut it out and then i went back with an ogee bit over it to give it a tapered edge so there would be no interference with your ability to grasp the knob.

I am painting the door behind the decoration a mild yellow and the decoration white and will post pics in the virtual show and tell when it is done. I think it looks good so far.
Thanks again for the help!