PDA

View Full Version : XY Homing Not Working

nick
08-24-2009, 05:25 PM
Hi Guys,
I have disassembled and reassembled my PRS Standard.
During re-testing I've noticed my homing doesn't see my prox switches.
If I use the keypad and run into a prox switch, it stops completely fine, If I home using the key commands C3, my machine slam into the stops...every time...i'm confused...any idea??
Thanks

dana_swift
08-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Check the Values I(n)put switch menu (VN)

Is limit testing turned on?

It could be as simple as that..

D

nick
08-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Hi Dana..
Limits are on...
Any other ideas?
Thanks

dana_swift
08-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Presumably all was well before the re-build. So something about that is where the problem is. Do the "LEDs" on the SB3 program respond every time to the prox switches? It may be a loose connection, that is something that could have happened with the re-build.

Also the bolt heads may not be close enough to the prox detector for reliable operation. They should "almost" touch.

When the prox switches are working reliably, they give repeatable positions of about +/- .002. I have posted a program on the forum that measures that..

Hope that helps-

D

Gary Campbell
08-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Nick...
Are the prox switches[VN]on inputs #2 & #3 set to "(2)Normally Closed Limit"?
Gary

scottj
08-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Nick,
Make sure that you have the X prox switch on input #2 and Y on #3 and not the other way around. The Homing routine looks for X on #2 and if you have it on #3 then it slams into the stops. This is an Easy check to see, run the gantry to the stop with the Keypad then see which green light is out in the software. They will bothhave an X over them but only one green light will be oput. If this is the case then swap the black wires in the control box and you will be good to go. If this is not the problem then make sure your settings file is correct as this is what the homing routine looks at to see what type of switch you have.

Scott

nick
08-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Hi Scott. That was the problem. X was on 3 and Y was on 2. I labeled it...but before my morning coffee.
Thanks
Nick