PDA

View Full Version : Hello & Help

diapowder2000
02-18-2006, 06:57 PM
I bought 2 weeks ago an old Shopbot up-graded to PRT96, DOS OS, PartWizard 1, TurboCad, Porter router on wooden frame. Very well maintained and it works good. Assembled and hook them up wires,
connectors, control box and computer after delivery by truck from Raliegh area to Los Angeles 3 days ago. I'm a beginner on this. I've got about half day crash course from seller and then we crated them together.
HELP: How can I make the router to start cutting
job from where I want, say 12,12 instead of resetting "home" every time??? I set home
at 0,0 at the moment.
From TurboCad created a file and save as "___.DXF" and save it at "SBPARTS" folder.
From ShopbotCut, file converted, click "___.DXF"
... P)art File Load & Execute...(so far so good)but when router starts to move, router bit plunges and moves along X-axis from 0,0 all the way to 96,0. I reset home at 12,12 and tried. It did same thing by moving from 12,12 to 96,12
even before cutting anything. What did I do wrong??? I think I can fix Z-axis plunge but I do not know why it moves along X-axis to 96,0.

The reason I created file with TurboCad is that
the seller seldom use PartWizard with his Shopbot and I had a crash course with TurboCad.

I attached herewith my Shopbot and sign foam I'm
playing with right now. You can see two streaks
12inch apart.

Thank you very much for reading all these.

danhamm
02-18-2006, 08:46 PM
Chris, you can open your file.sbp in a word.doc or notepad..and post a copy here ...this would
help others see what is happening, in the file..

diapowder2000
02-18-2006, 10:09 PM
Thank you, Dan
I just downloaded 123pages of Users Guide.
I'll go to the shop tomorrow and will try to copy
and post it unless I can figure out something from manual.