PDA

View Full Version : Aspire and SBP Files

kubotaman
03-14-2009, 09:33 PM
I have received my new ShopBot and for the life of me I haven't figured how to convert from CRV files made in Aspire to a ShopBot file. I have done a CRV to DXF but that doesn't give me my files for tooling in the ShopBot file. Can someone explain what I could be doing wrong?? I know its me I just can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Is there help out there for me??

bcondon
03-14-2009, 10:06 PM
The best thing to do is to watch the tutorials. Start with the 2d tutorials and then watch the tutorials that create tool paths from the 2D files.

Play with that for several days until you feel comfortable because going to 3d is much more complicated... You will get there, but it takes time.

andyb
03-14-2009, 10:09 PM
Daryl,
Look at the tutorials under Tutorials\2D Machining on the Aspire DVD. For 3D machining look at the tutorials under Tutorials\13 Machining. That will explain it to you and get you started.

Andy B.

erik_f
03-14-2009, 10:20 PM
Dayrl,
You don't just convert crv or dxf files to shopbot file. A shopbot file will be lines of text and tell the machine where to go and how deep to cut. You need to select a vector and then go into the tool pathing area. There are different types of tool paths for how you would like to machine. The tutorials are great and will help you learn quite fast compared to how I had to do it only 5 years ago.

bob_reda
03-15-2009, 08:41 AM
Daryl,
after you make your maching toolpaths, you will need to save the toopaths. under toolpath operations there is an icon of a save button. Hit that and you will pick the order and toolpaths you would like saved. There is a button on the bottom that says "save toolpath. there is also a button where you select your processor, I believe there are two for shopbot, inches, arcs.

kubotaman
03-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Thanks everyone for you responses. Bob Reda your answer cleared up my question. I was just confused and was over looking the "save toolpaths" button.