PDA

View Full Version : Logitech rumblepad2 advice needed

myxpykalix
09-28-2006, 12:04 AM
I bought a rumblepad2 and need advice. I searched the forum and didn't find the answer so i'll ask it here. How do you program the gamepad for the shopbot? I couldn't find any file within shopbot for preferences and nothing on the rumblepad disc for programming other perepherels. Is it right in front of me and i don't see it?

patricktoomey
09-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Jack, check out this post, starting almost halfway down the page you should see some config data.

http://www.talkshopbot.com/forum/messages/27/332.html

This is for the cordless version, not sure if that's what you have or not. I think the configs would probably be the same for the wired version but I'm not 100% sure of that. I have a slightly different setup on mine, I can post my config tomorrow when I get back to the shop.

myxpykalix
09-28-2006, 01:44 AM
Yes i read that post but what i'm confused by is how you program your buttons so that they control the shopbot functions? I downloaded the text from the post you quoted (Brady Watson) turned it into a .wgp file copied it to my shopbot3 folder, started up "profiler" assigned it to open sb3.exe as its assigned "game" named the profile "shopbot". Now i'm just confused as to how I make the shopbot software recognize the device and take the commands from it as opposed to the keyboard? Am I just missing something obvious here? Patrick if you could send me your file and tell me how to activate it i would appreciate it greatly, or anyone else for that matter! thanks

bcammack
09-28-2006, 07:35 AM
I think you have to give the profile the actual name of the executable, sb3.exe, so it the Profiler knows to load it when the Shopbot control program is run. The control program is ignorant of the profiler, it just thinks it's getting keystrokes from a keyboard.

All the Logitech Profiler does is stuff keystrokes and button pushes to the appropriate operating system buffers so the executing program can react to them.

patricktoomey
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
You have to go through the Logitech software to create a profile for the ShopBot software.

Open the profiler, then choose the "Profile" menu.

Now click "New". It calls everything a game so just choose ShopBot or something identifiable for the game profile name. Now choose the sb3.exe program as the executable.

Then you have to launch that profile from the Logitech interface which will startup the ShopBot software. Otherwise, it won't respond to the remote. On the tray in the lower right corner, there should be a Logitech profiler item that looks like a big W. Right clicking on that will give you a menu, choose "Launch a Game" and then the profile you created for the ShopBot.

srwtlc
09-28-2006, 10:01 AM
Jack,

If you have the Logitech software installed, you will have a icon down by your clock, double click on it or right click and choose "Profiler". If you haven't already done so, choose "Select A Game/Create A New Profile", call it "Shopbot" and browse to the SB3.exe. After that you can choose to play a game, Shopbot, and SB3 should open. At that point you can start to program the various buttons/joysticks. For the joysticks, go to the properties page and set the dead zone for each one to at least 75% to start with. I had some problems with the X,Y,Z axis moving in the opposite direction after releasing the joystick from the other direction.

The .wgp file doesn't necessarily go in the Shopbot folder, it can be stored anywhere. You have to go to "File/Import" and choose the .wgp file for importing, then name it and choose the .exe and icon to use with it.

Here's my configuation. Caution: It may have some command that won't work for your setup.

Pat snuck in there while I was typing and covered it too.

7470 (1.5 k)