PDA

View Full Version : 3D model Club models

myxpykalix
03-24-2008, 01:25 AM
I'm thinking about purchasing a model from them (The last Supper) and wondered if anyone else has purchased that file or any others from them and cut them and was happy with the results? The clay models look absolutely fantastic but i'd like to hear from others who may have used them before.

bob_reda
03-24-2008, 08:59 AM
Jack,

They have a few models they will give to you for free to try out.

Bob

zeykr
03-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Jack,
I'm interested in that model also and would be interested in hearing from you or anyone else who trys it or other models from there.

myxpykalix
03-24-2008, 09:18 AM
The detail and quality look absolutely beautiful and my question to them was about the "backcuts" and the way the heads are seperated from the background and how we could achieve the same or close results. He is going to send me a few pics after they rescan it which i can post here for you to see.

paul_n
03-24-2008, 09:37 AM
Jack,

I am also interested in the results for that file when you get it. They really should post a 'relief' picture as well as several show undercuts.

Paul

3dmodelclub
04-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Hi there,

If anyone is interested I can take out a section of the relief and send to you so you can see what it looks like when you cut it.

Tom.

bill1
04-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Tom,
I would like to try a section of your relief and see how it will carve and will post it when it is finished good or bad.
Bill.

bill1
04-15-2008, 10:50 AM
Tom,
I forgot to mention if you make a section of your relief put it in a .stl format.
Thanks
Bill.

3dmodelclub
04-16-2008, 03:15 AM
Hi everyone,

Please create a user account on our website, www.3dmodelclub.com (http://www.3dmodelclub.com) once you log in, under the User Menu on the left of the screen there is a link Free Models to Try, I uploaded a section of the Last Supper in STL format in there.

Please note, I have intentionaly left any undercuts as they are without smoothing as some people commented they may want to smooth by themselves either in software or after the job is cut.

Looking forward to your comments.

Tom.