PDA

View Full Version : DXF from Corel 12

bill_moore
02-07-2009, 05:14 PM
Every time I bring a DXF into patrworks from Corel 12 it locks up Partworks. Is there a trick to it or are they not compatable? There is no text just vectors. Actually the most recent was some circles and that's it but it locked up as soon as I clicked on it with the pick tool.

Gary Campbell
02-07-2009, 05:17 PM
Bill...
Try exporting from Corel as an EPS. Try the Autocad 12 option and see if that works.
Gary

srwtlc
02-07-2009, 07:16 PM
An .eps is the best, but if you want a .dxf, use "convert to curves" on the text and it should work fine along with choosing AutoCad R12 or R14.

bill_moore
02-08-2009, 11:50 AM
Thanks Scott & Gary. I have always saved things in Corel then import to Partworks & Corel 12 does not save as a EPS. I didn't know the export formats were different than save. Exporting as a EPS worked great. I learn something every time I read this forum and thanks to all who contribute.
Bill

sailfl
02-08-2009, 02:19 PM
Scott,

Where do you find "convert to curves"? Please be specific.

Thanks

bill_moore
02-08-2009, 03:07 PM
When you save as DXF in Corel it prompts you as to how you want the text saved as curves or as text. Using the export as EPS it did not ask that. In Partworks if you Rt mouse click on text one of the options is to convert text to curves.
Bill

chodges
02-09-2009, 02:24 PM
Another way to "convert to curves" in Corel is to type your text, then select it. Under the Arrange menu, the 3rd option from the bottom is "Convert to Curves."

Be sure your text is right before you do this - you can't edit curves like you can text.