PDA

View Full Version : PRS Standard Machine

GlenP
10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
Hey everyone. I have seen videos of lots of alpha machines on youtube and wondered if anybody with a standard has posted videos?

Gary Campbell
10-04-2009, 07:00 PM
Glen...
You wouldnt be able to notice the difference in an online video.
Gary

GlenP
10-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Hey Gary, alot of the videos I see are alphas with the servo motors and they sound very zippy while moving and jogging around the table (sorry about poor description). I have only heard one standard run (mine) and the motors sound very different. Just wondered how any other standards sound. I would love to have a machine setup like yours. You have made some nice upgrades. If can get my video camera to work right I may make a video of mine moving and jogging for you to hear.

steve4460
10-04-2009, 09:50 PM
PRT Alpha's and PRS Alpha's have a lable on the motor that is gold and purpul,and standart's have white and red lables. I hope that helps.

www.windwardsigns.com (http://www.windwardsigns.com)

Gary Campbell
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Glen...
Yes... when taking the videos, we surely wouldnt want to dial the speed down. Most of that "zippy" sound you might hear on my videos are 25+ ips jogs. Your machine should not be able to do that.

I just spent a couple weeks working with a new standard, and yes, the motors do resonate at a lower frequency. They also sound different than mine at the same speeds, atc. They are two very different machines, they are not supposed to sound the same. Enjoy your machine.
Gary