PDA

View Full Version : Plasma Cutting and PRS's

stockbub
03-08-2007, 11:32 PM
So far still working on assembling my new PRS. We did discover one problem that once figured out, was easy solution so just trying to save people time if thye have same table as me. Mine is a 5x8 table. Bottom Price is 1/4" too long. Took plasma cutter and cutout 3/8" off 2 holes on both bottom end braces. Folllowed Scotts instructions at SB and cut board 72 1/2" long to space top rail. Make sure you losen EVERY bolt.. Nothing will be tight. Take bottom brace completly off till the end. Square the table again and then tighten all braces on top of table. Square again cause it will move a little, then tighten leg braces. Finally reinstall bottom leg brace. I am only saying this because my table was completly installed when we noticed hat leg bracing was cut wrong. So all the work of squaring and leveling went out the window when we had to loosen everything. To see if yours is wrong, measure top end brace bolt difference and bottom brace bolt diffeerence. If there is 1/4" difference, then you will have to do the above mentioned steps, so do not level table or do anything until grove is cut.

stockbub
03-08-2007, 11:35 PM
by the way, area that we plasma cut (Backside) was completly covered by washer or was hid behind channel angle. Do need to re-powdercoat some areas where package rubbed blue paint off.