PDA

View Full Version : Glue Dispenser/Glue Gun

baltic_birch
01-27-2007, 06:49 PM
Anyone use a auto glue dispenser or gun for titebond 2?

I use a squeeze bottle that I refill from a gallon container.

I think a gun would save me time and mess.

I can't find any links to glues guns for wood glue.

I read a snippet somewhere on the web of a magazine that had plans for a DIY dispenser... Pressurized PVC pipe with a hose or something.
Sounds like a great idea, but need more info.

I only glue 3/4inch dados, rabbets etc..

Just looking for a better way to get beads down fast with less mess.

Thanks

Andrew

Edit: I found one called PIZZI. $900 yikes.
I know this could be DIYed for cheap.

Brady Watson
01-27-2007, 07:14 PM
You can buy empty (new) 10 oz sized caulk tubes at the boat store (and other places)...then either chuck it into your regular gun or buy one of those newfangled cordless electric ones. Pour your glue into the empty tube and glue away...when done, either cap off, or pour it back into the container & rinse out with soapy water.

-B

waynelocke
01-28-2007, 08:50 AM
Lamello and an Italian company, Pizzi sell what I think you are asking about. CustonPak Aadhesives, www.custompak.com/ (http://www.custompak.com/), sells the Pizzi which I have. The units are pretty expensive but I have had mine for almost seven years and now find it integral to my work flow. These units are basically pressure pots which hold about 1.5 gallons of pva glue and have a dispensing gun attached to about 10 feet of hose. The pot is charged up with air and holds a charge for a long time.

You can lay down a really nice and effortless glue line and the guns rarely need to be cleaned because the gun is stored with the tip in a water container.

You could buy a gun and use a pressure pot.

Wayne

bob_reda
01-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Most woodworker stores have bottles for glue that have many different tipos for many different type of applications. Check out a place like woodworkers supply, Rockler or such.

Bob