PDA

View Full Version : I could use some help with this file

knight_toolworks
05-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I have this eps logo but it does not have any vector data. I could use some help converting it.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/test/HL_LOGO.eps

davidp
05-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Steve,

It is a scan of the original logo so in effect it is a bitmap.

First and best option go back to the client and ask them for the original artwork or get them to give you permission to approach the graphic designer directly. They have spent a lot of money aquiring this logo and they should be willing to protect that investment. If they can't or will not do that then the only other option is to trace the logo. V Carve does a reasonable job as does ArtCam. The best though is probably Illustrator. It does not matter which one you use you are still going to have to tweak it by hand.

In my experience most busines', once it is explained to them will produce the required artwork, after all it is in their interests to do so.

Good luck,

David

signsbyjay
05-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Steve,

I was able to remove the background with Paint shop Pro, but the image left was not good enough to get a good trace. David is right, get your customer to provide a better image.

Jay

jim_vv
05-04-2009, 08:50 PM
Steve,

Check your email. What I sent to you may work. You will have to work on the vectors that I sent, so getting the artwork from your client would be easiest.

Kind Regards,

JIM

knight_toolworks
05-05-2009, 01:54 AM
I forgot they did send me some word docs that had the logo but it may still be too small to be usable.
http://www.knight-toolworks.com/test/black.zip

sawdust535
05-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Steve,
If your customer is unable to provide you with better artwork, let me know. I can quote you a price for you to quote your customer to trace and re-build and/or clean up the image and provide you with a vector graphic in eps or dxf format.

knight_toolworks
05-05-2009, 01:49 PM
well that's the best they have. butch may have a go version if not George what do you think it would cost to get a good version?
I only quoted 100.00 for the job so the artwork may cost him more then the work.
I am no art guy for sure I know where my weaknesses are.
thanks for all your help everyone.

carl_vallance
05-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Steve,
I E-mailed you a file. It's an Adobe Illustrator file. Hope it will help.