PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Locating Info on this Machine

stevek
09-05-2004, 05:03 PM
Hi All,

My son's high school woodshop class has a piece of equipment that can't be used because the teacher does not have any instructions or information on the machine.

The machine is simply labelled as "CXR 2011 Computer Router". According to the teacher, the machine can be "programmed" to do repeat pattern routing.

I only got a brief look at the machine last night, but it appears to be an overarm router on a carriage that is controlled by motors along X and Y axes.

The teacher said he'd really like to use the tool for the classes he teaches, but he cannot due to the lack of any documentation.

Is anybody on the forum aware of this tool or can someone point me in the right direction on where to locate information on the machine? If necessary, I can probably get a closer, more detailed look at the machine to see if there are any additional markings, manufacturer names, etc.

BTW.....Google and Yahoo searches come up empty.

TIA for any information provided.

SteveK

mrdovey
09-05-2004, 10:51 PM
Steve...

You might try asking on the www.cnczone.com (http://www.cnczone.com) forum. Identifying the spindle (router) motor would be a major help. Table measurements would also help to identify the machine.

stevek
09-06-2004, 01:11 PM
Morris,
Thanks for the suggestions....will check them out.