View Full Version : Shop bot interests

woodmaster
03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
new to this forum and to CNC Routers but am amazed to what they can do. only seen videos on them wanted to know which type of SB would be the choice for nesting of flat pack built in robes and cabinets, some carving and sign making. we have one company in another state however the price is out of my range at 160k the SB looks a lot more affordable and more than likely do the same Please help from the Woodmaster from down under

davidp
03-01-2009, 06:42 AM
Michael,

Welcome to forum.

My advice is "The bigger the better"

I have a PRTAlpha96 and regularly wish I had the larger table but I have only once lost a job because I did not have the larger table.

Also get a spindle. It will pay for itself in no time.

By the way who are the "Crows"?? )-: do they still fly backwards?

David

thewoodcrafter
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
One thing David forgot is hold down.
If you are going to process sheet goods a vacuum table is the only way to go.
Either a vacuum pump or a regen. blower and at least 4 zones in the table.

woodmaster
03-02-2009, 01:13 AM
thanx guys for the info i will be looking for a machine around June as i have my house on the market and moving to the top end of Australia as i am in the bottom end at the moment. Back to the sunshine 365 days a year. and i will be looking for the works hold down and i would have got the spindle instead of a router. with the spindle what size would i go for 4 or 5hp and our power supply is 50 cycles or HTZ not 60 and 240 volt. thankyou again