PDA

View Full Version : Printing .crv files & maching 2 sides.

gundog
02-10-2009, 11:46 PM
Is there an easy way to print the partworks crv mechanical drawing files?

I have found a method for machining both sides of a sheet and having the mechanical drawing to refer to would be great. The parts I make have some .125 holes drilled in random locations of an 96x48 sheet. I machine T slots and Dove tails on both sides of the sheet. the parts do not match in the exact place when the sheet is flipped. what I have been doing is saving the drawing in a mirrored image allowing me to find the coordinates of the .125 holes on both sides. When I flip the sheet and use a laser edge finder to locate a couple of the holes at each end of the sheet allowing me to locate the parts accurately to machine the other side. I locate the first hole and put a screw in it then when you find a hole in the other end of the sheet it just pivots off the first hole a double check and start machining.

Mike

drodda
02-11-2009, 01:02 AM
Mike,

I drill alignment holes in my table top to allow the use of metal 1/4" dowel pins I have made to align the sheet on both sides. This works great for me as it is a very tight tollereance for alignment.

-D