View Full Version : Contemporary wall panels

jhicks
06-03-2008, 03:14 PM
These are work in process photos of some contempory "birch forest" designs which are destined for a community center. They are made of "NUDO" whitewood ply panels which is a glossy white vinyl skin/veneer commonly used by vinyl shops for sign boards.
The architects vision is a Birch forest so the carved "paperclip" designs and lines will be sealed with clear urethane and off they go. They will be installed side by side along 44' of interior wall space so all the lines join up when properly fit.
We have some more unique pieces for this project which will be posted after we finish them.
Enjoy

cabnet636
06-22-2008, 08:03 PM
jerry i would like to see the updated photos how are you coming with this
jim mcgrew

jhicks
06-23-2008, 07:56 AM
James, they have just recently started the installation of these and the soffit panels we made. The installer told me they would send photos of the install when completed for a grand opening of the facility so when I get them, I'll post them.

jhicks
08-20-2008, 10:05 AM
James, here you go with best photos I have from the contractor.
Wall panels covered 44' x 8' were made of Nudo ( a vinyl veneered plywood and clear coated with urethane in the carved paper clip shaped areas, high gloss green hanging panels made of 2mm sintra have artwork representing large leaves which were a variety of different diameter circles cut through the material and painted the electric green hanging over the bar with lighting above them for back lit dot art type of effect.

cabnet636
08-20-2008, 10:35 PM
thanks, iam at iwf this week and am checking out all kinds of surfaces

jim