View Full Version : How "web 2.0" are you?

bill.young
05-10-2009, 10:46 AM
Hey,

Just curious how many of you guys use things like Facebook, Twitter, and other online web "social" services like that? If you do, is it for personal use or do you consider them a business tool?

Bill

eric_schumacher
05-10-2009, 01:43 PM
I use LinkedIN for business networking.

I consider Facebook and sites like twitter for entertainment, personal use and kids play.

Thinking of using these sites? Just be careful. What you put out there is permanent.. like tattoos except you can't wear a shirt to cover them and people can see them from miles away ;)

knight_toolworks
05-10-2009, 04:40 PM
I am signed up on twitter for the shopbot thing but I never really log into it much. but they can be a good way to keep a customer informed I guess. I have never chatted much online got board with online chatting years ago.

nomi
05-10-2009, 08:19 PM
We use Facebook and Twitter as an avenue to reach potential and current clients.

You can see our Facebook page at facebook.magnadesignsonline.com

It's a cheap way to build a client base

- Noel

brock_poling
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
The social networking sites can be great for business. Couple it with a blog and you have a trifecta.

There is a decent book out there by Joel Comm called Twitter Power that goes into how Tweeting can be used for commercial purposes.

It takes a committment, but I am quite certain most businesses could apply it productively.

oddcoach
05-11-2009, 11:21 AM
I use Facebook to keep up with the players I coached in high school when they go to college

pappybaynes
05-11-2009, 12:51 PM
I use Facebook...most of our 7 kids use it,and a sister in England... it is easy to stay in touch