PDA

View Full Version : New to PartsWizard

bpfohler
07-02-2007, 10:46 PM
I'm thinking about buying my first ShopBot and have been doing some designing in TurboCad.
I download PartsWizrds demo trying to familiarize myself with the software.
I tried to open a file in PW saved in DFX format and I keep getting an error message saying "unsupported image type". Am I not saving the files in the format need to open in PW?

myxpykalix
07-02-2007, 10:56 PM
There are different types of dxf files out there and i think you have to use a dxf file that just has flat 2d info in it. Some have 3d (sort of)info and i don't think that will load up. Let me know and i'll send you a flat 2d file that i just tried and know works.

srwtlc
07-03-2007, 09:32 AM
Robert,

When you save as a .dxf from TC, look for the "Setup" button in the save dialog and try saving as AutoCad R14.

bpfohler
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
Autocad 14 isn't a save option, they offer AutoCad native format (whatever that is?
It,s TurboCad deluxe v14 and a demo download of the new Parts Wizard.
I can save and open as WMF but the quality doesn't seem to be that good?

jdgrahamwaldorf
07-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I had a similar problem going from turbocad 14 to vcarve pro. First I saved the file as a turbocad 12 .tcw file and then converted the new file to .dxf

myxpykalix
07-03-2007, 02:25 PM
Are you sure you're using Parts Wizard and not the control software? That might be the confusion. I don't think that Parts Wizard is a demo download (not sure)?

If you're using the control software go to
Files/File(C)onversions call up the dxf file i sent you, click on "convert dxf" and it should call up the preview window and show the part being cut. I just did this with this part so it worked for me. Check to make sure what program you are using, that might be the problem. Hope that helps. I've never saved a file from there after conversion so i'm not sure how to save from there. Maybe someone else can tell us.

srwtlc
07-03-2007, 05:05 PM
Robert,

Unless it has been changed since v11, when you choose to save the file (as a .dxf), there should be a button that has "Setup" on it. Click on that button and you should see another dialog box something like this.

Choose R14, "Ok" and save.

bpfohler
07-03-2007, 05:48 PM
SCOTT,
THAT SOLVED IT. WORKS PERFECT NOW EXCEPT IT OPEN ON 1/3 THE SIZE I SAVED IT? I'LL HAVE TO PLAY WITH IT SOME MORE.