PDA

View Full Version : Architectural models

chiloquinruss
01-24-2008, 03:08 PM
Is anyone doing architectural models with their Shopbot? I need to build quite a few 1/6th and 1/8th scale buildings. Any help from this great forum would really help. Thanks in advance. Russ

jay_p
01-25-2008, 12:30 PM
Russ,

We have done quite a bit of this here in our shop. We have built models out of BB plywood, tempered hardboard, acrylic, aircraft plywoods, basswood, etc. At the smaller scales, we have a separate laser cutter that we use.
We have also used the ShopBot for topo models, or flat site models with streets, sidewalks and other features.

Jay

chiloquinruss
01-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Jay,

I have access to a laser company in town (30 miles). Question, what software(s) do you use to get from concept to final product? Do you develop your own plans or do use some other source? Also I need to do some scale looking siding so suggestions on router bits would be of great use to me. Thanks. Russ

phardy79
01-27-2008, 12:38 AM
Does anyone have pictures of their models? I would like to see one. Thanks!

chiloquinruss
01-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Here's an example but this was built without the help of a ShopBot but gives and idea of the type of things I wish to do. The building is 1/6th scale, the figure is about 10 inches high, the overall structure is about 24 x 24. Russ